Engineering & Construction Services
Engineering & Construction Services consists of many areas:
- Engineering Design collaborating with campus to ensure good stewardship to campus buildings when a proposed project alters or connects to building systems or architecture.
- Quality Assurance ensures that university facilities are designed and constructed to be consistent with world class institutions.
- Construction Services provides oversight for projects ranging from the installation of a new room sign to the remodeling of a laboratory. Three delivery options are available to meet the campus demand for construction: Contractor Services, Job Order Contracting (JOC), and F&S Crafts & Trades.
- Campus Code Compliance & Fire Safety is responsible for the fire and life safety programs and the existing building and fire code compliance functions for the campus.
- Facilities Information Resources maintains building records and a space inventory, and provides mapping, drafting, and graphic design services.
- The Division of Responsibility (DoR) coordinator creates DoRs for new buildings, reviews and updates DoRs for existing buildings, and ensures the DoR Guidelines are consistent and fairly applied across campus.
- Transportation Demand Management represents and coordinates campus transportation needs, with an emphasis on active transportation.